Translate

Wednesday 23 January 2013

#MrAshtonSpotTheMistake

Over the weekend I was considering how to use the ipads in a different way ....

Before @AndyBartlettCPD left my school I had the pleasure of observing him. The lesson which I observed used a live twitter feed using the #poetryquestions.

I was able to adapt his idea to #MrAshtonSpotTheMistake ... I have always been a fan of this method as I feel it is a great way to peer assess someones work - without any in the class feeling the pressure of a very public class criticism ... I wrote 4 myself to discuss in class using an app called UPAD.

This was 1 example of the questions I asked ... students were able to use an ipad or there own electronic device that could connect to twitter ... The response and the depth of the answer I had come back was excellent and I felt that the class had excellent understanding of the topic. Students were then required to work in a group of 4 and write their own spot the mistake and post it on twitter.

There were a few issues with everyones solution coming under the #MrAshtonSpotTheMistake feed - so next time i may simultaneously post to edmodo ... This created a fantastic starter for the next lesson in which students then answered each others groups Spot The Mistake questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment